You may need to contact Hetzner support to increase your Snapshot Limit as it defaults to 30 for your whole account. SnapShooter will be unable to make backups if your Hetzner account limit is reached
# Backing up Hetzner Servers
Make sure you have connected Hetzner to your SnapShooter Account
- Login to SnapShooter
- Navigate to Hetzner https://snapshooter.com/dashboard/snapshots/hetzner/servers
- Make sure you are on the Inactive tab
- Press Activate on the server you want
You will be asked to choose how often you would like to backup your server.
Depending on your plan, you can choose between daily and hourly backups.
You can also choose the timezone you wish the backup to happen as well as the start time.
If you backup more than once a day we will count your timezone and daily backup time as the tag for the daily backup.
# Retention Policy
You are responsible for the storage costs with Hetzner for backups created by SnapShooter
Once you press Next you will be taken to the retention policy screen where you can select how many past backups you wish to keep. When we take a backup we tag them daily, weekly and monthly and you can choose how many of the past of each you want to keep.
In this example we have asked SnapShooter
- Keep the last 10 '3 hourly' backups
- Keep the last 7 'daily' backups
- Keep the last 4 'weekly' backups
- Keep the last 12 'monthly' backups.
Most of our customers choose 7 days, 4 weeks and 12 months as a good base line for backups.