To connect your Hetzner Account to SnapShooter we use a token generated in your Heztner account. This grants us read and write access to list instances, as well as create and delete snapshots. We only delete snapshots created by SnapShooter.
Please note, you can only connect a Hetzner to a single SnapShooter account, the second account will not import servers if added
You are free to add any many different Hetzner accounts as you wish.
Generating a Token
1. Login to your account https://accounts.hetzner.com/login
2. Navigate to the API Token Section
Open your project workspace
Click the key on the left menu
Click API TOKENS
3. Click Generate API Tokens
4. Provide the token a name like 'SnapShooter'
5. Copy the token (you will not be able todo this again so make sure you copy it)
Adding Token to Snapshooter
Login to SnapShooter
Navigate to Hetzner in sidebar
Find the connect Heztner button Add Hetzner Form
Give the Account a name and paste in the token
We will validate the key for you
We securely store your key by encrypting it.
Thank you for helping us improve!