Docker is an extremely popular tool in the developer community—according to the StackOverflow 2022 survey, it is the most widely used tool among...
Simple Laravel Backups
This Laravel package will backup your entire Laravel application, into a compressed database dump and optionally he file backup of the storage folder. Once complete we will notify via one of our notification channels. Using SnapShooter's Simple Backups Engine we can extract your PostgreSQL directly from Laravel tinker at run time, so no need to give SnapShooter your PostgreSQL password, we can pipe config directly into pgdump, no longer suffer from backups failing due to password rotation.
Related backup solutions
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
Do I need to provide my Database Passwords
No! SnapShooter can use your laravel application to get your password at run time from 'artisan tinker'. This means you can rotate passwords without issue.
If you’re using Forge with DO, you may be interested in SnapShooter … created by Laravel community member Simon Bennett 👍
Learn how SnapShooter makes backups of your Laravel (PostgreSQL).
Watch the way your data flows from source to the storage you decide.
Server Based Laravel (PostgreSQL) Backups
For customers who already have a server and want there Application data to stay within there own network, only meta sent back to SnapShooter.
- SnapShooter Connects Via SSH to your server
- Once Connected this server connects directly to your Application and begins the backup process
- Data from Application begins streaming to your server
- Your Server compresses the data and uploads it to your storage
- Confirmation of uploaded chunk is received, repeat steps 3,4,5 until backup completed
- During the backup meta data is periodic send back to SnapShooter for real time monitoring
- Once the backup is completed SnapShooter confirms the file size with the storage
Discover perspectives from backup experts around data retention, trends, operations - all to help you determine your best path forward.
SnapShooter, now part of DigitalOcean, has been at the forefront of simplifying cloud backups for startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs)....
In 2017, Simon Bennett founded SnapShooter—a backup and recovery solutions provider to back up your servers, databases, and applications. The product...