Backup GitLab On DigitalOcean
Protect your DigitalOcean GitLab Droplet from data loss with bullet proof backups
Why is it important to Backup your GitLab Droplet?
GitLab forms the basis of your businesses code hosting, testing and development. When your GitLab is down, your business is down.
Snapshots are a fast and easy way to recover a droplet to a previous state. They remove the requirement for disaster recovery planning, where you would typically need to ensure your server recovery processes reliably restore data and functionality.
How to Backup your GitLab Droplet?
Install GitLab on DigitalOcean. The process can be simplified by using Digital Oceans one-click install and deploy system.
- Create Droplet
- Choose Image -> One-click Apps
- Choose GitLab
- Choose Size
- Choose your Data Center location
- Select your SSH and any additional options
- Give it a hostname
- Access droplet via SSH to enable GitLab
- Browse to the IP of the Droplet to start GitLab installation
- Config DNS
Activate GitLab in SnapShooter
Once your GitLab droplet is setup is a perfect time to login to SnapShooter and activate backups on your Droplet.
- Login to SnapShooter
- Find your new Droplet
- Choose how often to backup e.g. Once a Day
- Choose how many you want to keep e.g. 7
- Choose the timezone of your droplet
- Choose the time you want daily backups to happen
- Click Start Backing up
- Click Snapshot Now if you want us to backup right away
- Sit back and relax your GitLab community is safe