Docker is an extremely popular tool in the developer community—according to the StackOverflow 2022 survey, it is the most widely used tool among...
Back up any site and database in a single backup job, and combine your file backup and your MySQL backup job into a single process.
Restore file system, database or both
With our flexable backup system you will get a database and a file backup which you can restore togeather or just one if required
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
Support For Any Host?
SnapShooter Generic website backups work with any server we can connect to securely via SSH. Any MySQL based website or project will work
SnapShooter is an absurdly well-made product that I have been using for months to backup a whole range of things, from MySQL to servers and DigitalOcean and AWS to my code at GitHub. The UI is great for understanding and helping you get your backups set, and it made the whole process a joy. All my backups are actively monitored, and data is now safely backed up to my own AWS S3 account.
Learn how SnapShooter makes backups of your Generic Website + MySQL.
Watch the way your data flows from source to the storage you decide.
Server Based Generic Website + MySQL Backups
For customers who already have a server and want there Website data to stay within there own network, only meta sent back to SnapShooter.
- SnapShooter Connects Via SSH to your server
- Once Connected this server connects directly to your Website and begins the backup process
- Data from Website begins streaming to your server
- Your Server compresses the data and uploads it to your storage
- Confirmation of uploaded chunk is received, repeat steps 3,4,5 until backup completed
- During the backup meta data is periodic send back to SnapShooter for real time monitoring
- Once the backup is completed SnapShooter confirms the file size with the storage
Discover perspectives from backup experts around data retention, trends, operations - all to help you determine your best path forward.
SnapShooter, now part of DigitalOcean, has been at the forefront of simplifying cloud backups for startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs)....
In 2017, Simon Bennett founded SnapShooter—a backup and recovery solutions provider to back up your servers, databases, and applications. The product...