This story started with an email to SnapShooter support that raised my eyebrows. The subject line was: Increasing S3 Bill is not always unusual for...
MySQL Bin Log backups made simple
BinLog keep a record of all statements that are made to your databases. SnapShooter will keep them backed up for you so you can keep up to the second backups with ease We support uploading your data to AWS S3, DigitalOcean Spaces, Backblaze B2, Wasabi
Point in time recovery
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
What do I need todo?
You need to enable MySQL bin logs, then we can remotely pull them
Stoked that SnapShooter takes care of MySQL backups for us, I started out writing my own scripts to do it but it gets pretty complicated between dumping, uploading, rotating, verifying... would much rather use a reliable service like this than roll my own!
Learn how SnapShooter makes backups of your MySQL Binlog Backups.
Watch the way your data flows from source to the storage you decide.
Server Based MySQL Binlog Backups Backups
For customers who already have a server and want there MySQL Bin Logs data to stay within there own network, only meta sent back to SnapShooter.
- SnapShooter Connects Via SSH to your server
- Once Connected this server connects directly to your MySQL Bin Logs and begins the backup process
- Data from MySQL Bin Logs begins streaming to your server
- Your Server compresses the data and uploads it to your storage
- Confirmation of uploaded chunk is received, repeat steps 3,4,5 until backup completed
- During the backup meta data is periodic send back to SnapShooter for real time monitoring
- Once the backup is completed SnapShooter confirms the file size with the storage
Discover perspectives from backup experts around data retention, trends, operations - all to help you determine your best path forward.
As the temperatures continue to rise in the UK, data centres are at risk of being taken offline due to the extreme heat. Recently, both Oracle and Google...
Welcome to the second installment of our new Customer Spotlight series. In it, we highlight the many different kinds of companies and organizations that...