There are many great reasons to use WordPress, but its popularity makes it one of the most popular targets for hackers. If you don't take the proper...
Speed and Size
Due to being a full device copy, the backup is much faster than a file-based backup. We found that a 25gb DigitalOcean droplet with 15GB used will back up in 9 minutes. Compared to a file backup of the same server taking ~20 minutes. Full dumps will not be space-efficient and can be hard to compress, everything on the device is copied and with compression-only parts of the device can be compressed. A fresh server will be smaller and as the drive is more used it's harder and harder to compress.
Fast Disk Backups
Easy transport of whole servers
Can't find the answer you're looking for? Reach out to our customer support team.
Warning - this is a live mount and the integrity of the backup will depend on server activity. Due to this reason, this backup is offered in Alpha. Ideally, DD should only be used on a read-only or unmounted drive. dd will copy at the block level of the device so if I file is removed, you could end up with half a file on the device. For some things this would be okay, depending on the use case.
We had an unusual file-storage database requirement and needed a backup solution in place. Snapshooter worked with us on developing a custom solution, and we can perform backup restoration easily from their dashboard. Their expertise allowed them to get this setup directly in our DO server. We are happy with the final product!
Learn how SnapShooter makes backups of your Server Disk Cloning.
Watch the way your data flows from source to the storage you decide.
Server Based Server Disk Cloning Backups
For customers who already have a server and want there Disk data to stay within there own network, only meta sent back to SnapShooter.
- SnapShooter Connects Via SSH to your server
- Once Connected this server connects directly to your Disk and begins the backup process
- Data from Disk begins streaming to your server
- Your Server compresses the data and uploads it to your storage
- Confirmation of uploaded chunk is received, repeat steps 3,4,5 until backup completed
- During the backup meta data is periodic send back to SnapShooter for real time monitoring
- Once the backup is completed SnapShooter confirms the file size with the storage
Discover perspectives from backup experts around data retention, trends, operations - all to help you determine your best path forward.