Docker is an extremely popular tool in the developer community—according to the StackOverflow 2022 survey, it is the most widely used tool among...
Backup your Docker Named Volumes to S3
Docker volumes can be hard to keep track of, but we at SnapShooter can provide you with ease of mind that your container data will always be safe on your S3-compatible storage. Currently in beta.
Learn how SnapShooter makes backups of your Docker Named Volume.
Watch the way your data flows from source to the storage you decide.
Server Based Docker Named Volume Backups
For customers who already have a server and want there Files data to stay within there own network, only meta sent back to SnapShooter.
- SnapShooter Connects Via SSH to your server
- Once Connected this server connects directly to your Files and begins the backup process
- Data from Files begins streaming to your server
- Your Server compresses the data and uploads it to your storage
- Confirmation of uploaded chunk is received, repeat steps 3,4,5 until backup completed
- During the backup meta data is periodic send back to SnapShooter for real time monitoring
- Once the backup is completed SnapShooter confirms the file size with the storage
Discover perspectives from backup experts around data retention, trends, operations - all to help you determine your best path forward.
SnapShooter, now part of DigitalOcean, has been at the forefront of simplifying cloud backups for startups and small and medium businesses (SMBs)....
In 2017, Simon Bennett founded SnapShooter—a backup and recovery solutions provider to back up your servers, databases, and applications. The product...