Laravel Vapor is a service for hosting you Laravel Applications using AWS serversless lambdas, its a fantasic option for hosting your laravel applications without the issues of server maintenance, scaling and security.
RDS has backup options build in which can be a great way for restoring a backup for example in the last 3 day, but if you want to restore a database without swapping a new database in, or you want achieve backups that go back months, look no further.
# Setting up a Jump Box
If you already have a jump box you can skip this step
- In vapor open the correct team and from the left menu select Network
- Under jumpboxes press the button create Jump Box
- Give it a name e.g. SnapShooter
- Copy the Private Key
- On your local machine create a file in '~/.ssh/snapshooter' and paste the content of the vapor output
- run the command
chmod 600 ~/.ssh/snapshooteror the key will not works
- SSH into your box
ssh ec2-user@ip -i ~/.ssh/snapshooter
# SSH into Box
From within the box, you are ready to connect to SnapShooter.
- Login to your SnapShooter account and from the menu on the left select servers.
- Press the Connect Server + button
- Paste the bash into the jump box shell
- Watch SnapShooter Connect
# Configure Backup Job
SnapShooter dashboard will have redirected you to a server overview page where you can configure a new backup.