Learn how to connect your GCP Account to SnapShooter to perform daily to hourly backups of your GPC disks.
GCP manages disk differently to the other providers, and we enable to you configure individual backups per disk image.
# Connecting GCP To SnapShooter
We make use of GCP IAM to grant. This enables you to grant just the right permissions to SnapShooter to perform snapshots
Navigate to https://snapshooter.com/dashboard/snapshots/gcp/accounts/ and press the Connect New GCP Account Button
You will be asked to provide a name, the GCP zone and to paste in a service account Json to get connected.
You will need to create a new IAM user in your AWS account with the following permissions.
# Getting your Service Account Json
- Login to Google Cloud Platform
- Navigate to the correct project
- In left sidebar locate IAM & Admin then in the sub menu choose Service Accounts
- In header press Create Service Account
- Give it a name e.g. SnapShooter
- Next and select role Compute Admin (you can search for it)
- Step 3 you can ignore and press done
- Create a key
- Choose Json
- A file will be downloaded
- Open the file with a basic text editor and copy the contents
- It should look like this
- Visit https://snapshooter.com/dashboard/snapshots/gcp/accounts/connect and paste it in to the json textarea
Once created you can then copy the keys from AWS and paste them into SnapShooter. We encrypt your keys to keep them secure.
You can only configure one region at a time. If you wish to backup in more than one region you can add a second account and select a different region.